Through Transcat’s calibration services segments, we offer precise, reliable, fast calibration services through Calibration Center of Excellence strategically located across the United States and Canada. To support our customers’ calibration service needs, Transcat delivers the industry’s highest quality calibration service and repairs.
Responsible for assisting the Calibration Service Manager in the execution of his/her duties, and when delegated, represent the Manager in his/her absence. Meet corporate, divisional and lab goals, objectives and customer requirements through the effective management of the Calibration Laboratory staff and effective communication and teamwork with local laboratory sales and corporate support staff. Operate within generally accepted business and technical practices, and company policies and procedures. Safeguard company and customer assets, equipment, material and information. This individual must have excellent customer service skills, in person and by the phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for lab operations in Service Manager’s absence
- Plan and develop strategies and controlling workflow
- Scheduling and meeting on-site commitments and demands
- Ensuring and enforcing compliance with all company, customer and governmental policies, procedures and standards and taking corrective action(s) when necessary
- Identifying, motivating and training qualified laboratory personnel
- Scheduling workload to meet customer and company demands
- Providing on-going technical assistance and direction to staff relative to Company’s services
- Providing input regarding Employee Performance Appraisals and ensuring they are delivered in a timely manner.
- Identifying necessary on-site progressive discipline and employee grievance procedure
- Establishing and maintaining positive customer and employee relations including teamwork within the laboratory with sales staff
- Preparing technical data in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 and Corporate quality procedures, as directed
- Providing technical assistance and direction to technicians in areas of expertise. Assisting in the professional development and training of laboratory staff
- Protecting company assets, information and interests. Assisting in the development of cost saving measures.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree from credited four-year college or university preferably in a technical field.
5+ years experience in repair and calibration of instruments, preferably in progressively responsible positions (or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PMEL (Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory) or TMDE (Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment) training and military experience in the calibration field, plus 5+ years civilian experience (at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity) should sufficiently prepare a candidate for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status.