(JOB REQUISITION 271709)
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Standards and Calibration Engineering Laboratory (S&CL) maintains measurement standards for physical properties other than dimensional measurement. Included are electrical-electronic, pressure, force, gas and liquid flow, temperature, humidity, time, frequency, vibration, acoustic measurement and gas monitors. Also included are items of dimensional measurement having electronic readouts and/or interfaces. The S&CL assures that Measurement & Test Equipment (M&TE) is accurate, capable, and reliable; and that all measurements are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), another National Lab, or to a recognized physical standard.
- Follow, document, and modify complex lab test procedures.
- Perform Calibration of test and measurement equipment with guidance, as necessary. Adhere to developed calibration procedures while supporting traceability measurements. Work will be performed in lab and at onsite production locations.
- Clear and concise reporting of laboratory test results.
- Accurate communication with customers and co-workers.
- Provide timely customer test and analysis support to Operations, Engineering, Procurement, and other internal and external organizations.
- Perform laboratory support functions to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
To be Eligible, the Candidate Must:
Have U.S. Military PMEL (Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory) training or an Associate’s Degree in a Science, Electronics, Measurement, or related discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software suite
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of laboratory, safety, and/or shop skills
Relevant technical employment or project experience
- Direct experience with standards and calibration activities, such as:
- Testing, calibrating, and/or repairing electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards
- Work with blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications to develop calibration procedures or to modify/improve procedures
- Standards and lab equipment setup
- Experience automated calibration software such as Met/Cal.
- Aerospace calibration experience
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company: Bell Flight
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: First Shift
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please apply via our website at https://textron.taleo.net/careersection/bell/jobdetail.ftl?job=271709&tz=GMT-06%3A00