The Standards and Calibration Lab (S&CL) maintains measurement standards for physical properties other than dimensional measurement. Included are electrical-electronic, pressure, force, gas and liquid flow, temperature, humidity, time, frequency, vibration, acoustic measurement and gas monitors. Also included are items of dimensional measurement having electronic readouts and/or interfaces. The S&CL assures that Measurement & Test Equipment (M&TE) is accurate, capable, and reliable; and that all measurements are traceable to the National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST), another National Lab, or to a recognized physical standard.
Standards and Calibration Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze measuring and test equipment (M&TE) to determine the calibration requirements. Determine the functions to be verified and their specifications, the method to be used, and the measurement standards required.
- Analyze requirements for measurement standards and make recommendations.
- Analyze, evaluate, and document measurement uncertainty and laboratory calibration capability.
- Perform engineering and statistical analyses of the equipment and historical data to determine appropriate calibration intervals to meet reliability goals.
- Define, develop, and implement data and record requirements for calibration laboratory information database systems and automated calibration systems.
- Perform laboratory and departmental administration and management. Document laboratory best practices.
- Prepare laboratory documentation (calibration procedures, operating procedures, quality procedure, analysis spreadsheets, reference documents, and others).
- Analyze and solve calibration problems using advanced mathematical and engineering knowledge.
- Apply knowledge of national and international standard documents to the calibration business. Relevant standards include, but are not limited, to ISO 9000 series, ISO 17025, ANSI/NCSL Z540, NSCL Recommended Practices, and BSR/ISO/ASQ Q10012.
- Develop software to assist in calibration laboratory and/or departmental processes.
- Maintain laboratory and quality management systems.
- Accurate communication with customers and coworkers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or Calibration/Metrology related discipline
- Minimum 8 years Calibration or Metrology Experience.
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbal and written) between other employees and customers
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Calibration/Metrology experience in Manufacturing or Aerospace and Defense Industry
- U.S. Military PMEL (Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory) training
- 10+ years Calibration or Metrology Experience
Apply to link below: