SIMCO Electronics has exciting opportunity for you to apply for a Calibration Technician role in Santa Clara, CA; Allentown, PA; Memphis, TN; Washington DC; & Cork, Ireland; Athlone, Ireland & a Roaming Tech!
SIMCO Electronics originated in the heart of Silicon Valley in 1962 and was built on a foundation of dedication to customer service and commitment to technical superiority. Today, SIMCO Electronics is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA with a worldwide network of laboratories and international field service teams providing localized support.
SIMCO Electronics’ strategic emphasis is to provide enhanced program management systems and services for customers’ test and measurement equipment needs. One global service provider improves quality control and compliance of services while reducing total program costs.
The principal markets served by SIMCO Electronics include Life Sciences, Electronic Components/Semiconductors, Communications/Optical Networking, Automotive, and Government. Specific market-focused expertise is the core of SIMCO Electronics’ competencies and a central focus of capital investments and strategic initiatives.
The Calibration Technician will apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment in the Acoustical, Chemical, Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, RF/Microwave, Fluid, Mechanical, Optical, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency disciplines to ensure measurement accuracy. The Calibration Technician C will identify and utilize appropriate manual and automated measurement procedures.
This position will normally receive no instruction on work, applying job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks, and working on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. The Calibration Technician C will perform laboratory housekeeping and may perform some administrative duties. The Calibration Technician C may be asked to report opinions and interpretations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) in one or more of the following disciplines – Acoustical, Chemical, Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, RF/Microwave, Fluid, Mechanical, Optical, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency, in order to ensure compliance with published specifications
- Maintain primary and/or intrinsic calibration standards
- Maintain secondary and/or working calibration standards
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of precision equipment
- Develop calibration procedures and methods, according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings, and other technical requirements
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration.
- Identify IM&TE out-of-tolerance conditions and perform corrective action via adjustments, component replacement, correction factors, etc.
- Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable
- Prepare calibration reports and certificates
- Adapt existing calibration equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurements tasks for which they are not principally used
- Perform uncertainty evaluation and analysis for measurement standards and associated measurement processes
- Train subordinates in calibration concepts and procedures
- Interact with other technicians, Customer Service Representatives, Account Managers, and customers
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
2. Must be able to perform general math and algebra functions
3. Understanding of Basic Statistics
4. Must possess good written and oral, communication skills
5. Technical writing ability
6. Intermediate ability to troubleshoot repair, align and optimize precision equipment
7. Intermediate computer skills
8. Proficient in use of MS Word and Excel
9. Minimum three years of calibration experience some of which can be offset with formal metrology training
10. Knowledge of Quality Management system (ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and ANSI Z540)
11. Must have great interpersonal and customer service skills
12. Strong attention to details
13. Must be a self motivator, work as a team player, and follow written procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance
- Occasional standing and bending are required
- Works primarily in a laboratory or manufacturing environment at a SIMCO location and/or customer sites
- Travel may be required to other domestic and possibly international locations
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply on our employment site at https://simco.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll.