Nicol Scales & Measurement is looking for a Metrology Calibration Technician to join our team. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay and extensive benefits package which includes vacation, sick, and personal time off. We provide medical, dental, life, and long term care benefits along with a 401k plan with company matching. Nicol Scales & Measurement is dedicated to the well-being of its employees; offering a workplace that promotes *safety, integrity*, and *respect*. We have a great training program for those individuals that have the basic skills needed to become Tech. Come be part of our team!
About the Position:
The Metrology Calibration Technician focuses on the calibration/repair of dimensional hand held gauges, forced measurement equipment, material test equipment, scales and laboratory equipment used in production, quality control, and laboratory environments.
- Independently calibrate all types of dimensional, mechanical and electronic instruments and devices with an Emphasis on Temperature and Pressure devices.
- Calibrate devices across multiple disciplines including: dimensional, pressure, torque, electronic, speed, temp, etc.
- Handle multiple work environments – adapting to both Laboratory and Industrial environments
- Work in an ISO structured environment where quality is the focus
- Collect, compile, and measure data to support calibration traceability documentation/certificates
- Understand and follow calibration work instructions
- Technical training in calibration processes or Military PMEL training
- Associates Degree or equivalent calibration work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in performing calibration of Instrument/Measurement devices
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be capable of passing pre-employment checks (drug and background)
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- No physical limitations of your hands, back, or legs
- Proficient use of computers and other electronic data collecting devices
- Speak and write clearly with attention to detail
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Capable of successfully passing all testing requirements of company and required regulatory agencies
Experience that will set you apart from other applicants:
- Worked within an ISO 17025 Quality Systems
- Work experience or training at PMEL Lab
- Calibration Experience with industry devices specifically Temperature and Pressure
- Proficiency in Spreadsheets (Excel) and Lab/QC data collection products
- Ability to understand electric circuits, theory, and schematics
Pay range: $20.00-$22.00 hour plus benefits
All inquiries will be kept confidential. Please email resume and desired hourly wage: T.Tobolka@nicolscales.com