SIMCO is currently looking to hire an Operations Manager
in Los Angeles, CA and Silicon Valley, CA.
If you are interested in the opportunity please reach out Aaron Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Manage day-to-day operations of a commercial calibration and repair laboratory, to meet and exceed customer requirements and company objectives. Responsibilities include: technical operations, customer service, shipping & receiving, quality representatives, and drivers. This includes direct interaction with customers, corporate personnel, and sales personnel. Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may guide the activities of other employees. Use ability as a skilled specialist to contribute in development of concepts and techniques, and to complete tasks in creative and effective ways. Work on assignments that are extremely complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations. Operations Managers have supervisors as direct reports, in addition to other non-exempt employees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a leader and set an example of embodying the principles of SIMCO’s Mission in Service.
- Manage laboratory operations to budgeted financial objectives with Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibilities.
- Manage and control key variable expense accounts, technical and administrative staff.
- Maintain appropriate levels of accreditation and scope as defined by management; enhancement and expansion of the laboratory scope of accreditation (UKAS, KEMA, ISO/IEC 17025 Quality System).
- Instill operational process efficiencies to reduce costs and provide technical support for sales and operational efforts.
- Manage service performance of the laboratory to corporate objectives and assist technical staff in the analysis and resolution of complex problems commonly found in TMDE.
- Manage the laboratory assets to maximize the utilization and leverage of assets. Ascertain lab capabilities and increase where relevant.
- Support the Regional Director/VP in key initiatives and projects.
- Recommendation for asset acquisition with appropriate justification.
- Experience managing a technical service group at a company in a relevant or comparable industry.
- At least 10 years experience in the Calibration and Repair industry with formal experience in Physical Dimensional, RF/Microwave and general test equipment calibration. A formal PMEL or equivalent technical training is highly desirable.
- At least 4 years experience as a supervisor/manager.
- At least 2 years of proven P&L management experience and lab budget creation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage and motivate employees.
Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs without assistance. Occasional standing and bending are required.
Work primarily in a laboratory or manufacturing environment at a SIMCO location and or customer sites. Travel may be required to other domestic and possibly international locations.
What we offer:
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Excellent benefits package Employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, retirement plan, employee funded pre-tax health, child care spending accounts and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off with vacation, sick and holiday leave
SIMCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SIMCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SIMCO Electronics is the leading provider of calibration and software services for test and measurement instruments used in technology organizations. To learn more about SIMCO Electronics visit our home page: https://www.simco.com/