SIMCO Electronics originated in the heart of Silicon Valley in 1962 and was built on a foundation of dedication to customer service and commitment to technical superiority. Today, SIMCO Electronics is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA with a worldwide network of laboratories and international field service teams providing localized support.
SIMCO Electronics’ strategic emphasis is to provide enhanced program management systems and services for customers’ test and measurement equipment needs. One global service provider improves quality control and compliance of services while reducing total program costs.
The principal markets served by SIMCO Electronics include Life Sciences, Electronic Components/Semiconductors, Communications/Optical Networking, Automotive, and Government. Specific market-focused expertise is the core of SIMCO Electronics’ competencies and a central focus of capital investments and strategic initiatives.
The Repair Technician will apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics and electronics to perform calibration and repair of test measurement and diagnostic equipment used in the Life Science, RF/Telecommunications, and Semiconductor/Electronic Components markets. This position will normally receive general instructions on work assignments that are semi-routine in nature and where the ability to recognize and apply technical deviations from general troubleshooting and repair is required. The Repair Technician will identify and utilize appropriate manual and automated measurement procedures. The Repair Technician will perform laboratory and work area housekeeping.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate, test, troubleshoot, and repair systems to the component level of test measurement and diagnostic equipment.
- Enter repair and calibration data into SIMCO Main Computer System (SMCS) database.
- Prepare repair quotations and calibration reports and certificates related to assignments in a timely manner.
- Perform calibrations and repair in one or more of the following skill areas, as applicable:
- bio-med instrumentation
- electronic standards
- fiber optics
- LCR and impedance
- nuclear and radiation physics
- particle counters
- photo/radiometric optometry
- RF/microwave power, frequency, and impedance
- sound pressure level
- spectrum and network analysis, time interval and frequency
- voltage & current
- waveform analysis, phase and distortion
- Receive and complete training on repair and calibration procedures, documentation, and SMCS.
- Assist in the training of other technicians on specialized skills.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply on our employment site at https://simco.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll.