Raytheon is currently seeking a Senior Metrology Specialist who will be responsible for the calibration, repair and modification of all Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE). This job does require being able to obtain a security clearance, and relocation to Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia. However, it does present an opportunity for a unique work and lifestyle experience for a suitably qualified candidate. Interested candidates should apply via the Raytheon web site at https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/alice-springs/senior-metrology-specialist/4679/4378739
Specific duties include:
- Repair, test and calibration of TDME
- Keeping accurate calibration and repair records
- Work directly with the customer and contractors in most aspects of the day-to-day activities
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for all matters pertaining to TMDE
- Creates, administers, updates and tracks electrostatic discharge (ESD) training and certification
- Ensures current processes adhere to all required standards and that reference materials are up to date.
- Maintains traceability to the National Institute of Standards requirements.
- Must have a BS Degree in a related technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience OR possess at least 12 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- Must have relevant Metrology Certification
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to teach technical skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to learn complex technical functions quickly
- Must have the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to take on additional technical responsibilities as required
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. Must have the ability to obtain and satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI SSBI security clearance. U.S. Citizenship required.
Individual and eligible dependents must successfully pass medical and psychological examinations prior to being selected for the position, and must have the ability to satisfy requirements for applicable visas to work and/or reside in Australia.
- Experience with automated calibration systems – MET/CAL or SureCAL highly desired
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges — from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world — in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly
Type Of Job
Australia – Northern Territory