IniValueEditor.exe is a specialized editor for allowing safer and more convenient editing of INI files than using Notepad.exe. The editor was originally designed as an external extension tool to assist programs written using the Fluke MET/CAL® development tool set. It can also be used as a standalone program.
This editor was developed as part of an A2LA compliant Fluke 5720 calibrator calibration procedure, developed under contract with U.S. Army Primary Standards Laboratory. In the procedure, an INI file is used to pass correction factors and calibration data required to calibrate the 5720. During the initial delivery and installation of the procedure, it became clear that the usage of the INI file presented some issues and concerns for the average calibration technician. Simply instructing them to edit the calibration data in Notepad.exe was not sufficient. Additionally, we wanted to make sure the users would only edit the calibration data and not unwittingly change the structure of the file, causing issues during the calibration.
The IniValueEditor.exe is designed to only let the users edit the values in the INI file. They are not able toadd elements or change the file structure. It can be launched from a Fluke MET/CAL® procedure where the INI file is automatically loaded or from the desktop icon.
IniValueEditor.exe is invoked using the DOS or DOSE FSC passing in the full INI file path as a command line parameter.
1.003 MATH Path=”C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Cal Lab Solutions\\”
1.004 MATH Path=Path&”IniValueEditor\\”
1.005 MATH File=”C:\\CLS\\Metcal\\Data\\Fluke57XXProc.ini”
1.006 DOS -u [V Path]IniValueEditor.exe [V File]
When IniValueEditor.exe is run as a standalone executable, files may be opened by dragging them onto the editor’s surface or by using the File/Open menu.
Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. is licensing IniValueEditor.exe to the community free of charge. Any user can download the application and run it free of charge as long as they agree to the license agreement.
Company Website Link:
This License Agreement (Agreement) is a legal agreement between you the Customer (either an individual or a single entity) and Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. for the software product contained in this package and online or electronic documentation and may include associated media and printed materials (SOFTWARE PRODUCT or SOFTWARE). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- GRANT OF LICENSE.This Agreement grants you certain limited, non-exclusive rights. Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. This software is licensed for unlimited use at the company’s location as identified by Customer as the ship-to location of the software. There are no limitations to the number of client workstations that can run this software at a single company location.
- COPYRIGHT.All rights, title, and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and “applets” incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT) and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. or its suppliers. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the SOFTWARE PRODUCT like any other copyrighted material, except that you may make one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT solely for backup or archival purposes. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Rental. You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Software Transfer. This software is licensed to a single company; you may not transfer, sell or redistribute this software to any parties outside your company or organization.
- Modifications. If the source code was provided with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT you or your organization may make modifications to the code. After user modifications are made to the software the USER must send Cal Lab Solutions a copy of the modified source code.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. may terminate this Agreement if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You agree that neither you nor your customers intend to or will, directly or indirectly, export or transmit (a) the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or related documentation and technical data, or (b) your Application as described in Section 1 of this Agreement (or any part thereof), or process, or service that is the direct product of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to any country to which such export or transmission is restricted by any applicable U.S. regulation or statute, without the prior written consent, if required, of the Bureau of Export Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce, or such other governmental entity as may have jurisdiction over such export or transmission.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS.The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of The Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software – Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Cal Lab Solution, Inc., a Colorado corporation.
- MISCELLANEOUSIf you acquired this product in the United States, this Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Colorado. Should you have any questions concerning this Agreement, or if you desire to contact Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. for any reason, please contact our website at http://www.CalLabSolutions.com or email@example.com.
- NO WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Cal Lab Solutions, Inc.’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this Agreement shall not exceed five dollars (US $5.00).
- NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, this Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. product, even if Cal Lab Solutions, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.